Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Someone wise once said, "shoot for the stars and you'll end up on Uranus" or something like that.

Hornsby walked down the stairs during an impromptu rehearsal of Christmas Carols and announced that we were to be singing Carols a local home on Christmas Eve for some folks that didn't have family to share the occasion with. It wasn't at all what we had planned, but surrounded by friends brimming with great love and compassion, I for one knew this was going to be a special holiday.

Christmas was to be spent in Mexico and then maybe Catalina Island, and now, now it's going to be in Ventura, Ca. Sharkfoot had told her family that if she was in the country she would be at home and I had told my family that if we didn't make it out of town in time I would pile the Windworthy Women into a car and make the six hour trek north to a Christmas tradition I was excited to share with dear friends.

But as the song goes, "any place is alright as long as I'm with you." It may be a bit hokey, but I must say, I feel blessed to spend the holidays with two women who I love and respect. So it will be an orphan SoCal Christmas. Instead of being with our families or out on an oceanic adventure, we will surround ourselves with blessings and good wishes and share some joy and music with others.

So Happy Merry to all our loved ones, far and wide! We feel nothing but blessing and gratitude for your love and support. And when we're ready, and only then, we will take those soaring wishes and sail with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment